30mm handmade gold hoop earrings | Big, round, yellow gold hoops | Eco conscious gold jewelry
These gold hoop earrings are handmade by me in the beautiful pacific northwest of the USA.
I strive to run an ecologically sustainable business.
The sheet I use in these earrings is manufactured by fusing a sheet of 22k gold and sterling silver together.
This sheet is called " bimetal" and the silver side is oxidized black by treating it with sulfur.
The posts are solid 18k gold and have locking backs.
Bimetal is very durable, easily repairable, and easily recyclable.
Bimetal avoids the use of toxic and wasteful processes needed for plating gold over cheaper metals.
For more about bimetal see: http://hausermiller.com/fab/bimetal.html
Because my jewelry is made using hand fabrication processes, it has lightness, durability and detail unachievable via mass production.
- SIZE: 30mm diameter, 5mm wide, 1mm thick.
- GUARANTEED forever against breakage due to normal use.
- QUESTIONS: call me at 206-900-5136. I try to answer between 9am and 9pm pacific time.
- RETURNS- Contact me ASAP if you are not happy with your order. Your happiness is my main goal!
I will accept returns for a full refund, minus shipping costs, if it is shipped back to me within 7 days of receipt by you. (longer for international orders, of course)
- EMAIL LIST: http://www.sharonstdon.com/
- SUSTAINABILITY: I use silver and gold with a 50- 90% post consumer content from Hauser and Miller, precious metals manufacturer since 1909. They purchase from fair labor practicing mines. I believe that purchasing high quality jewelry with a post consumer content that is repairable and recyclable is very important.
I make jewelry in small batches, minimizing waste and resources wherever I can. My manufacturing processes strives to strengthen the metal by using hand forming techniques en lieu of casting processes.
I use solid gold or bimetal instead of plating in my gold jewelry. Sheets of 22k or 18k gold are fused with sterling silver. The result is repairable, easily recyclable and avoids the use of cyanide solutions needed for plating.
Materials: locking 18k gold earrings backs, no plating, 22k gold and oxidized sterling silver, gold silver bimetal.