18mm small gold hoop earrings | Handmade, unique, wide gold hoop earrings | Sustainable gold jewelry
These small gold hoop earrings are handmade by me in the beautiful pacific northwest of the USA.
I strive to run an ecologically sustainable business.
The sheet I use in these earrings is manufactured by fusing a sheet of 22k gold and sterling silver together.
This sheet is called " bimetal" and the silver side is oxidized black by treating it with sulfur.
The posts are solid 18k gold and have locking backs.
Bimetal is very durable, easily repairable, and easily recyclable.
Bimetal avoids the use of toxic and wasteful processes needed for plating gold over cheaper metals.
For more about bimetal see: http://hausermiller.com/fab/bimetal.html
Because my jewelry is made using hand fabrication processes, it has lightness, durability and detail unachievable via mass production.
Ear posts and backs are made of solid 18k gold and have locking backs- please tell me which style you want for backs as seen in the photos. One style has buttons on the side, the other pushes on with a spring mechanism inside that locks.
- SIZE: 18mm diameter, 5mm wide, 1mm thick.
- GUARANTEED forever against breakage due to normal use.
- QUESTIONS: call me at 206-900-5136. I try to answer between 9am and 9pm pacific time.
- RETURNS- Contact me ASAP if you are not happy with your order. Your happiness is my main goal!
I will accept returns for a full refund, minus shipping costs, if it is shipped back to me within 7 days of receipt by you. (longer for international orders, of course)
- EMAIL LIST: http://www.sharonstdon.com/
- SUSTAINABILITY: I use silver and gold with a 50- 90% post consumer content from Hauser and Miller, precious metals manufacturer since 1909. They purchase from fair labor practicing mines. I believe that purchasing high quality jewelry with a post consumer content that is repairable and recyclable is very important.
I make jewelry in small batches, minimizing waste and minimizing resources wherever I can. My manufacturing processes strive to strengthen the metal by using hand forming techniques en lieu of casting processes.
Materials: Gold, Silver.