Sterling silver long drop earrings | Handmade ,minimalist, oxidized black silver, X earrings
These long sterling silver dangle earrings spin and swing.
They are whimsically elegant, and handmade from solid silver sheet and wire.
The X element spins on the stick and swings back and forth as you move. The hammering technique I use gives the surface of the X a slate like texture.
They have been oxidized- or tarnished heavily, also called a patina.
They are a matte, flat black, or dark charcoal grey that does not irritate the skin.
If you can wear sterling silver, you can wear these oxidized sterling silver earrings.
Because my jewelry is made using hand fabrication processes, it has lightness, durability and detail unachievable via mass production. My work uses no molds and therefore has a one of a kind quality, just like the people that wear it!
Size: 3 cm wide x 1cm deep and 4cm high. Custom sizes available- just ask!
Available in antiqued or oxidized black- model is wearing oxidized black. studio shot is antiqued I can also do them in brushed shiny- I do not have a picture yet.
The black ones look particularly stunning on blonde and silver haired women because of the contrast with the color of their hair.
- GUARANTEED forever against breakage due to normal use.
- SHIPPING- All orders are shipped with full insurance and signature confirmation.
- QUESTIONS: call me at 206-900-5136. I try to answer between 9am and 9pm pacific time.
- RETURNS- Contact me ASAP if you are not happy with your order. Your happiness is my main goal!
I will accept returns for a full refund, minus shipping costs, if it is shipped back to me within 7 days of receipt by you. (longer for international orders, of course)
- SUSTAINABILITY: I use silver and gold with a 50- 90% post consumer content from Hauser and Miller, precious metals manufacturer since 1909. They purchase from fair labor practicing mines. I believe that purchasing high quality jewelry with a post consumer content that is repairable and recyclable is very important.
I make jewelry in small batches, minimizing waste and resources wherever I can. My manufacturing processes strives to strengthen the metal by using hand forming techniques en lieu of casting processes.
I use solid gold or bimetal instead of plating in my gold jewelry. Sheets of 22k or 18k gold are fused with sterling silver. The result is repairable, easily recyclable and avoids the use of cyanide solutions needed for plating.